February 22, 2008

Birth Control, WHAT?

We got the good news today that I am approved to start IVF. Yea!

The first step is taking birth control for 3-4 weeks. I know, why take birth control when you want to get pregnant? I asked the same question. It essentially creates a baseline, puts everything on a predictable routine and therefore gives the doctors a measuring stick for determining what days to do the subsequent steps and what levels to measure from.

As an official IVF patient, I now need to give up my caffeine! My regular Sonic lady will surely wonder what happened to me!

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Congrats on the good news!! We will keep the prayers up! :)

Meg said...

WOOHOO! This is WONDERFUL news! We're so happy for you guys!! Just in case you don't want to go through full Sonic withdrawal, their cherry limeades are made with Sprite... caffeine free! :) CONGRATS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin