December 31, 2006

Our Top 5 Moments of 2006

With 2006 coming to an end, we wanted to reflect on our Top 5 moments of the year. It has truly been a wonderful year- we both got great new jobs, we were able to spend a couple of weekends in our favorite Texas getaways, and we watched our circle of friends expand even more. We feel truly blessed to have such a full life and thank you all for joining us in a fantastic year. We hope 2007 brings you all you are hoping for!

#5- Traveling to Lubbock- to our first apartment together, our first full time jobs, our first home together, our campus. Unfortunately, we also discovered how much Lubbock has changed. Our beloved Hoots Bagels is now Talbot's Petites. Although I love Talbots, I was saddened to see it.

Here is a picture of us on the Tech campus.

#4- Finding new jobs! Both Marcus and I searched for new jobs in 2007 and feel very fortunate to have found the right positions. Marcus' team at Avnet is so amazing. They are all great friends, work together really well and are led by a darn cool boss. Because of their great relationships, they have had a successful 2006 and are looking to great things in 2007.


Katie (who left in June), Keith, Marcus, John, Marlena and Ed at dinner.

Marlena, Keith, John, Marcus and Deanna (who replaced Katie).

My new position at Keller Williams is the challenge I was looking for. I work more hours, sit in more meetings in 8 hours than I did in 5 days, but I also do it for a truly special company. They believe in God, family and then business. I look forward to learning even more about corporate life in 2007.

#3- Our fun-filled anniversary trip to Dallas. We spent a long July weekend in Dallas to celebrate 7 years of marriage. Friday night was spent in concert with Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. We love watching them! Saturday we spent the day at Six Flags and the evening at the Six Flags pavilion enjoying Jeremy Camp and Steven Curtis Chapman. Christian concerts are like no other- they truly move me! Finally, Sunday, Marcus rode along side a professional race car driver at Texas Motor Speedway. Although it looked scary, Marcus assures me it was lots of fun!

A famous long-armed shot from the Six Flags parking lot. Note, we did not partake of the mammoth coaster behind us.

Marcus in his passenger gear standing by his #40 car.

#2- Great Hills' Fall Festival with Kyleigh, Cohen and a juggler! We love taking Kyleigh and Cohen to our church's fall festival. They get to run around in a safe environment, play on the rides, jump in big bouncy houses and get candy! The fall festival also features a juggler we all love. Marcus added to his bag of tricks with glow in the dark balls this year.

Grrr! Cohen is a cute little pirate. Kyleigh cheered for the home team as a Longhorn cheerleader.
The glow in the dark balls looked much cooler in person. Sorry!

#1- Celebrating my 30th Birthday among so many friends and family! Marcus and my cousin Kristi planned a super 30th birthday for me. They decorated, created a video of my first 30 years (to Tim McGraw music, even!), and coordinated a wonderful charm bracelet of crosses from many of my friends and family. I love my bracelet and the special day!

Happy 2007 to all!

Anna J.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin