November 29, 2007
It was a great game! Although, we do feel really sorry for Marcus' coworker Marlena who was at the game. She missed a big run play while in line to use the bathroom and then saw her all time favorite player Brett Favre get injured. That never happens- he holds all kinds of records for consecutive play. Poor Marlena!
None of the drama mattered to James. He enjoyed the piano more than the football!
November 28, 2007
Since my tree downstairs is pretty traditional red and green, I decided to have fun with this one and made it turquoise and white/silver. Thanks to Garden Ridge and Hobby Lobby for having their ornaments half price! I like these colors, it makes me think of cold weather.
November 26, 2007
This week, I am celebrating my leap from 5th place to 2nd place in our church fantasy football league. I had the second most points this season this week! It has been a great week. To stay in second place I need to beat my Week 13 opponent. Oh, wait, that is my dear sweet husband. What is a girl to do?
Marcus might be eliminated from the playoffs if he does not beat me this week. He is set to win the worst luck award for our league. He has repeatedly picked a player only to see him get hurt.
Heaven help us as we prepare for next Sunday!
November 24, 2007
WRONG! I was so wrong for agreeing to run this race. It is now known as the "Mistake at the Lake", according to Matt and Caroline.
Here is Caroline and I before the race. I can guarantee you if she had not showed up, Marcus and I would have gone back home and right back to bed.
Can you guess why it was so wrong? Look closely, yes it is wet and yes it is cold. It was 40 and raining! The wind chill made is more like 35! And, land near a lake is normally not flat!
It was a small race to begin with and the weather made it a tiny race- maybe 50 people ran the whole thing!
Here is Marcus and I post race. What you can't see if how very wet we are. The first mile had rain coming straight into your face. Marcus and I ran with one eye shut! The entire third mile was up hill- I don't remember mile one being downhill!
Plus, the wetness made my cotton yoga pants so heavy that they stretched out. When I started the race, they were out my ankles and they grew to the point that they covered my shoes and lapped over my toes. I was a vision of "beauty and grace" as Marcus would say.
A big shout out to Caroline for completing her first 5K. She even won second place for her age group!
And, Matt for deciding at the last minute that he'd rather run the race than stand in the cold and wait around. He ran a very respectable time for a last second decision.
They will only get warmer and flatter from here!
November 23, 2007
Kyleigh spent the night with me last night so that she could be my helper elf and make sure the bottom limbs of the tree were well covered in ornaments.
We covered the house in garland, Santas, jingle bells, snow globes and much much more! All I have left is to put up our new upstairs tree (thanks Stormi!). I bought all new turquoise blue and silver ornaments for the upstairs loft. It is the only set of big windows on the front of my house. Pictures are sure to come!
While Kyleigh and I worked on the inside, Marcus put up our white icicle lights and six little 2-ft. trees on the walkway.
Not pictured is the well-lit reindeer in the front yard. He is getting a deer-mate for next year!
First, we had lunch in Sun City at Midge's house. Midge is Jacque (my Dad's wife's Mom). She is a wonderful cook and always sets the table so pretty.
Check out Marcus and Jacque talking about football, Christmas and shopping madness planned for Friday.
On the other couch, Dad and I were laid out watching those Green Bay Packers (with one of my Fantasy football running backs Ryan Grant) beating the Lions.
My love of football comes from my father!
After lunch and a little football, we drove to Lockhart for Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom, sister and her family.
As all good Aunts should, I taught Kyleigh and Cohen how cool Redi-Whip sprayed straight into your mouth is!
I hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day!
November 22, 2007
November 18, 2007
To avoid the madness, I set my alarm for 6:40 this morning to go grocery shopping before going back to Junior League to shop with my girlfriend Brandy.
The only good thing to come out of the holidays is Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. I live for these cakes. Two boxes per year. Just 10 little cakes.
Other than that, I have some questions for the grocery store managers and the people who shop there?
1. Where have you been all year? Why is there twice as many people in the grocery store in November and December? Didn't they eat all year round?
2. Why is pumpkin pie filling in the baking aisle for 10 months out of the year and then when I plan to buy it, you move it to another location in the store? All year long, while buying pudding I have seen it on Aisle #8B and now when I go to #8B it is not there. Why?
3. How do you run out of turkey or sweet potatoes? You know we are coming for them. Take a risk, I bet we will buy them!
4. I am going to gain 5 pounds in December. You don't help by creating limited edition flavors that I can only eat during December. i.e. Peppermint ice cream, Gingerbread creamer, Dark Chocolate Mocha Frappucinos. Come on people, I like peppermint just as much in the springtime.
Here's hoping my groceries last until January!
November 17, 2007
Annie celebrated her 30th birthday with a surprise party from her sweet husband Justin. Her was so good, that he cleaned the house and washed the windows and Annie still did not know 20 of her closest friends were going to be in her house! SURPRISE!
I left the party early to go to Junior League's Christmas Affair and work at my K-Dub friend Laura's jewelry booth. Laura hand makes the most beautiful jewelry and had great success among the many jewelry booths at the show. It was fun to spend a couple of hours with Laura, Andrea, Brooke and Roxanne.
Laura also let us sneak away and do a little shopping! Thanks Laura!
November 16, 2007
Rob pulled out their new Wii. That game will turn a gathering into a mad house in no time.
I went upstairs because I had not seen my husband in an hour and found him playing tennis with the boys.
Then Dance Dance Revolution was brought out and Marcus showed everyone his moves. I thought Marcus could only dance from the waist up- he is a fabulous driver/dancer. I was wrong!
Check him out! Go Marcus!
A family member on my Dad's side actually called my Mom to make sure she was doing okay post-surgery. Oops!
Carol is doing much better and is back at work, so all is well!
November 15, 2007
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember loving a Fossil watch as a senior- it was one of the first gifts my father picked out. I also recall a rainbow caterpillar with tennis shoes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes and Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream
17. Favorite Christmas song? What is that Ella Fitzgerald song- Santa Baby?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Doubtful
November 14, 2007
Check out this HILARIOUS website!
They take celebs photos and make them look less appealing- more like us normal folk.
I love this one of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner!
Sunday night, I joined some of my favorite Keller Williams girls for a Ladies of the 80's Sing-A-Long at the new Alamo Drafthouse downtown.
They played 80's music videos on the movie screen with all of the lyrics (like we needed those!) for the crowd to sing and dance along with!
Artists included: Annie Lennox, Olivia Newton John, Cyndi Lauper, Paula Abdul, Madonna, Taylor Dayne, Whiteney Houston, Tina Turner, Cher, Kim Carnes, and more!
I was born in 1976, so I was young and innocent in the 80s. Now, at age 31 and listening to this music, I learned a few things. In case you also were a mere child in the 80's, let me teach you:
1. Let's get physical is about sex not working out.
2. Manic Monday is about having a hangover from getting physical. It has nothing to do with traffic.
3. When Cyndi Lauper talks about "she bop, he bop, they bop" she is not talking about a dance move, but a very private act done solo. Riding the unicycle as Barney would say.
4. Paula Abdul could not get a date in the 80s when she was young and had to perform with a comic cat.
5. No one, not even Cher, should ever wear a one piece black leather thong. You never know when you will end up in that contraption on a movie screen and subject us all to seeing your stuff.
6. Do not go to the Loveshack unannounced.
7. And finally, today's music just does not compare to the 80's.
November 12, 2007
While booking my flight, I googled my type of airplane to confirm the flight from Dallas to Orlando was indeed on a big plane. I have had my share of little planes that make even me feel tall!
My google search landed me on Seat Guru. What a cool site! You can enter your airline and then the type of plane and it will show you the seat diagram along with the best seats. Those with random extra leg room or less noise. Even, some seats with a power outlet!
If you travel much, I recommend you bookmark it and be a seat guru!
November 11, 2007
I love love love Christmas and since Stormi has five of seven Christmas trees already up in her house, I am allowed to make my blog red and green. Marcus disagrees- "it is 80 degrees outside!"
Here are some of my favorite things about Christmas:
1. Food- All of the yummy cookies! Mmm!
2. Football- you get two games in the middle of the week.
3. Presents- I love giving and getting presents. Hello, shopping!
4. Family- I love seeing Kyleigh and Cohen so excited about presents.
5. Faith- It reminds us all that Jesus died for our salvation and rose again.
I hope you are also excited for the upcoming holiday season. It will be here before you know it!
November 10, 2007
We were blessed to be given tickets to the UT vs. Texas Tech game on Saturday afternoon. It was another Red Raider weekend and the weather was just perfect.
Marcus wore his Wes Welker jersey (a TTU grad, a New England Patriot and a member of BOTH our fantasy football teams) with pride. Tech fans got the reference while Longhorns were confused.
Our seats were awesome- here is a view from Section 104, Row 15. Our seats had arm rests, backs and the sun was behind us. Plus, the Dippin' Dots booth was just outside our ramp out. Perfection!
Although we lost, it was a great game and a fun experience!
Here is the Goin' Band from Raiderland! We missed them last week at the Baylor game and were happy to hear our fight song this week.
November 09, 2007
We brought one of my very favorites- Chicken & Spaghetti and Sweet Tea. We also had macaroni casserole, chili, taco soup, cobbler, pie and more pie!
Everyone sat around the tables and played Apples to Apples, Cranium and Pictionary. Marcus and I got pretty smoked at Pictionary. Can anyone draw avoid? Seriously!
Murray is a nasty possum that visits the electrical line outside my office most mornings. He walks the line outside three offices and then goes down the tree and walks back looking for food.
He always visits in the early morning when the sun has not come through this side of the two buildings. When he is walking the line, you can see his long toes curling around the line. Nasty Varmint!
November 08, 2007
(pictured on the far right in black and white)
Billye is one of my college girlfriends, known collectively as the "Goddess Girls". We get together every year and have a great time.
Billye is also responsible for my involvement in Great Hills and the White Rock Marathon. I'm incredibly grateful for her example as a friend, Christian, and strong woman. I also love the fact that she is almost 6' tall and wears the same size shoe I do. I stood in the shoe size line too long in heaven and missed my turn in the height line.
I hope your birthday was wonderful and did not interfere with huntin' season!
November 07, 2007
2) Starbucks internet policy bites. Come on. $9.99 for a day rate on the internet?! I feel less abused when I buy a soda at the movie theatre.
3) I appreciate the mosey. But driving 10 miles under the limit....on streets with traffic lights that are out of sync.....I may need a stent in my heart by the time I leave.
4) Its 2007. Hip Hop is a genre of music that is mainstream. Quit making Akon and T-Pain share radio time with the Tejano station.
November 05, 2007
November 04, 2007
Emma, Frances and Samuel attacked my poor sweet little husband at the game. Frances, the small one at the bottom, asked me, "Is he YOUR Marcus?" (cute, right!) I told her he was and she said, "I like him." I like him, too.
November 03, 2007
And we got to see Mike in all his profound glory! Or as we learned today...the T.S.O....the Strange One...
"Doc...my arm hurts right here...."