April 30, 2009
April 29, 2009
- She loves the sound of her Mommy's voice.
- She enjoys sitting up especially in her bumbo and bouncer. The boppy and swing are not nearly as cool anymore.
- She takes a 6 ounces bottle every 3 hours with 1 or 2 feedings at night. We are officially done breastfeeding.
- She wakes up happy and just lights up when you pick her out of bed.
- She loves being on her changing table.
- You have to be quick when changing her diaper. Cool open air has led to many accidents lately.
- TV is suddenly a big distraction. You have to be really careful when feeding her that she doesn't know it is on or she looks away from the bottle.
- Praise Baby DVDs still rock!
- She can hold her bottle with both hands, but doesn't yet realize she is the reason it is still in her mouth. She'll knock it out and get mad.
- She loves her feet and feet kisses from Mommy and Daddy.
- She talks and talks and talks. Most sounds are basic vowels sounds, but she does like to moo.
- She prefers to sleep on her side and gets mad when she makes it onto her belly.
- She falls asleep between 7:30 and 8:00 at night.
- She can hold her head up, but not for long before wearing out and telling us about it.
- She loves to be outside. When upset, we often walk onto the back patio and let her "eat wind". She will open her mouth and just giggle at the wind.Obviously still working on sitting up :)
April 27, 2009
Using sharp scissors cut about 1.5 inches strips along the edges. Each piece of fringe should be about an inch wide. Do this around all four sides.
It absolutely doesn't have to be perfect- some will be longer or fatter than others. It all works out! This will be a great play on the floor blanket for Abby Lu. All in all, it was under $20 and took about 2 hours to complete.
April 26, 2009
April 25, 2009
It is life changing. It is painful. It is heartbreaking. It is frustrating. It is lonely. It is humbling. It doesn't always have a happy ending.
However, I will always be grateful for the experience. It was life changing. It was spiritual. It was bonding. It focused me. It made me a better person, a better wife, a better Christian, and ultimately a better mother.
April 24, 2009
April 23, 2009
I love that her big belly almost makes the words unreadable. That's sexy!
She was very attentive to Marcus pulling out the pots and pans needed for spaghetti and garlic bread.
April 22, 2009
We also recently added a treadmill to the bedroom! Yea! My Dad and stepmom are out of town until September so they let us borrow theirs. I love it- I can walk/run for 30 minutes after Abby Lu goes to bed and do it in private with my TV running those girly shows that Marcus doesn't watch. Let's hope I love it long enough to get those baby inches off. I want my full wardrobe available to me again!
Her wonderful teacher told us Abby is strong for her age and some of their older kids don't roll back to belly yet. She fully expects Abby Lu to crawl and walk early. I am so proud of her. As I read so many blogs asking for prayer requests as children go in and out of surgery, I praise God that our daughter is healthy, happy and growing as she should.
April 20, 2009
April 19, 2009
Said happy baby did wonderful- she slept from 10 PM to 7:30 AM in her swing in the hotel room. We woke up at 7:30 and she was already awake just chilling in her swing. Seriously, we have the most laid back child. We also started this week at school feeding every 3 hours instead of 2.5. Saturday was our first day to feed in this schedule and it worked. We did it all weekend! I am looking forward to the elusive routine!
April 17, 2009
Notice her sweet bib, it says "Shop Til You Nap". This photo was taken inside the shopping cart at Target, so I guess it is fitting.
April 16, 2009
Boy did I miss my baby girl this week! I flew to Michigan for work on Monday morning and landed Wednesday night after 10:00. It was a long 2 days. I couldn't wait to get home and just snuggle with Abby Lu and kiss her sweet neck. Thankfully she remembered me and smiled when Marcus brought her to me at 1:30 for her middle of the night feeding. It was wonderful. This morning when I got her ready for school she grasped my hand with both of her hands just to make sure I didn't leave again.
Marcus did wonderful with her and impressed me immensely! He had to manage school drop off and pick up, all of her feedings included the middle of the night one, getting ready in the morning, and nighttime entertainment. To top it off, he still found time to get me roses when I arrived home. Thank you Marcus- you are an amazing husband and father and Abby and I are so lucky to have you!