September 30, 2009
Here is the close up for you... thanks goodness I spent $7 and opted for the jumbo tub of Clorox wipes. I striped her down inside the saucer. Marcus gave her a prebath rinsing and then put her in the tub. I proceeded to smear poo in every nook and cranny of the saucer before finally making progress. This will go on her wedding slideshow for sure!
September 29, 2009
- We are a big girl and sit up. We do not lay down. We even drink our bottles sitting up unless we are super tired.
- We pull up occasionally and crawl only when necessary. We can stand if leaning against something and placed in that position by one of us.
- We love to have our teeth brushed and go to bed with a minimal fight. Abby sleeps from 7 PM - 5:30 AM without waking up. She takes 2 small naps during the day.
- She just recently learned to give Momma kisses. I have to have her focused on me and make the kissy face and sounds to really get her attention. She'll smile, shake her head no and then fall into me. It is fun to do!
- She is very flexible and contorts herself to some odd positions- she does the splits, licks her knee and can lay on her back with one arm underneath and across her back.
- We have 5 teeth and #6 is very close. Luckily, it appears she will fill in the big top gap in little time.
- She wants Daddy to hold her if given an option. He still flys her around and she still laughs and kicks the whole time, even when sick.
- She loves to fly in the front yard and touch the leaves on the trees and listen for cars.
- Abby can play peek-a-boo and knows what a mirror is for.
- She knows when we are out of her sight and whines. We can talk to her while leaving the room and it seems to help.
- Abby takes a bottle when she wakes up, a bottle at 7 AM, eats yogurt or oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, veggies and fruit for lunch, Mum Mums for snack, and meat, veggies and fruit for dinner.
- Her most favorite food is mandarin orange, followed closely by bananas and avocado. The only food she really rejects is peaches. I can feed her 2:1 bananas to peaches and she'll take them.
- She uses her left hand more than her right.
- She turns her head to respond to you calling her name.
It is our privledge to watch her grow and shape her world. Thank you God for such a wonderful baby girl!
We put him in the cart with her because Marcus obviously has short term memory loss and proceeded to the baby section where we discovered a cool alphabet ball that Abby had played with earlier at a birthday party and seemed to like. When both of them were in her range, she went for the ball and Marcus conceded the Yoda would not be. We returned it to the aisle of Star Wars goodies.
If anyone is ready to start Christmas shopping, this would be a great gift for Abby and her Daddy. We found it in the bedding aisle at Target.
UPDATE: Shhh, don't tell Abby, but a Yoda has been purchased. :)
September 28, 2009
September 27, 2009
Thanks to my friend Meg and a blogger Mary Kate with babies Abby's age, I went with the Maxi Cosi Priori for my car. I had been debating 2 seats and Mary Kate's review and the safety links she posted pushed me in one direction.
Technically Abby can stay in her current seat until she is a little heavier, but she is no longer comfortable. She looks folded up, sits in that constant lounge position and can't see out. She has a convertible car seat in Marcus' car and just chills. She is so much more spread out and relaxed.
Her new seat will allow Abby to rear face until she is 35 lbs. Rear facing is much safer and this one allows for that longer than most. It has great safety ratings and some cool features like those little black ovals on the sides, those hold the straps when you are taking her in and out. No more digging around Abby's hiney to find the buckle. She'll be thrilled! It also reclines in 4 different positions which she will enjoy on longer car trips or when she is sleeping in the car.
It comes in lots of cool colors. We really liked the blue, but opted for the pumpkin. I'm hoping it looks a little less USC in person. Plus, we scored 10% off and free shipping on our purchase! For now, the Chicco system is going back in the box and in the attic. Who knows, we might need it again in a few years. ;)
I captured Abby with two of the boys, Michael (the birthday boy, on the left) and Ivan. She looks a little scared to be left alone with these two!
September 25, 2009
I always cheer for her and often clap when she gets the light. We make a big deal out of it. This morning she put her hand up to the switch and didn't pay attention, but just swiped at it. Then she looked at me and clapped to congratulate herself. She hadn't even touched the switch and the light was still on. It made me laugh. She knows the routine, but the cause and effect component isn't there yet.
September 24, 2009
September 23, 2009
September 22, 2009
September 20, 2009
September 19, 2009
After the parade, we went to Marcus' childhood home where Grammy had presents awaiting Abby. She even wrapped them to see how Abby will do at Christmas. She was super excited, but slow in opening and much more excited about the paper at first.
We then got into our school colors and went to dinner at the local restaurant- Skeets. They have awesome fried pickles and chicken fried steak. Darn that Weight Watchers didn't go to Merkel with me either!
And then, she was so tired. We just couldn't keep her out any longer. We got home about 9:30. It doesn't seem all that late, but Abby goes to bed about 7:00 so it was late for her.
Luckily, she woke up feeling fine and didn't throw up after about 1 AM. She slept on my chest or Marcus' the remainder of the night. She has kept everything down today, just eaten much less than normal. She slept for 2 hours on the car ride home and went to bed at 6:30 Saturday night.
September 16, 2009
I would clap for her as she was crawling and she'd stop and clap for herself!