Yesterday was Abby's Half Birthday- she is now 6 months old! Oh how I love this stage and hear the next few months get even better. So hard to imagine, but she is getting cuter and cuter and so much more fun!
At 6 months:
- Abby loves to be upright. Long before she could sit up on her own, we were propping her up with pillows so that she could see all that is around her.
- As soon as she hears the bottle shaking, she is giddy and kicking her legs with glee.
- We call her Little Miss Daredevil- she loves to fly in the air, go high above our heads and then drop to the bed (with us still holding her of course) and to ka-boom on the couch pillows.
- She does not like to be held across your body like a baby, but upright and often facing out to look around.
- Abby laughs at you when you laugh at her and does the cutest little giggles. They are getting longer and longer!
- Praise Baby DVDs are still her favorite. We know when they end because she immediately makes it known that she wants more!
- She loves being naked, especially when we come home from school in the hot car.
- She knows when I lift her off the bed/changing table without a diaper that it is bath time and smiles and kicks with excitement.
- She could lounge in her bathtub forever! She just loves water and splashes herself silly. No complaints of water in her eyes from the pool or the bath. It is also so funny to her.
- She currently eats 5 8-oz. bottles per day and sometimes wakes up during the night for another 4 ounces.
- For dinner, she has either 1 tablespoon of rice ceral or 1/3 of a banana. She loves that banana.
- She still has just the one bottom middle tooth.
- She likes to drink water after every couple of bites of food and eats in her highchair.
- She can still wear most of her 3-6 month clothes although we are moving her into the 6-12 month to make sure they are worn.
- She still wears a newborn size shoe, but I have managed to get a couple of the size 1 to stay on her.
- She wears lots of dresses to school and doesn't wear pants too often. She still wears her Trumpette Mary Jane socks all the time.
- At school, they comment on what a good mood she is in, how her smile can light up the room, and that you have to be careful because she french kisses! Oh Daddy!
Her 6 month appointment (with shots-boo!) is tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to post her doctor's comments and her growth. I have a feeling our "little" girl will remain in the 75-90% percentile which is fine by me. I want her to stay healthy and keep on truckin'!