June 24, 2007

Frosty Time in June?

Lucy (who owned our house before us) painted all of the doors and trim of our house bright white before she sold it to us. Unfortunately, she never left us a paint sample. We had no idea what color she used until this weekend!

On Saturday Marcus went to Home Depot and picked up almost every sample of white shades of paint hoping one would match up. It did! Our doors and trim are pained in Behr Frost!




This is good to know because our pantry and laundry room door had lost their color. They had gotten dirty over and over and I had wiped them off so many times that the paint had come off.

This afternoon I bought the paint and did a touch up job on all of the doors, trims and base boards around the house. It is amazing what a difference a little paint can make.





While at Home Depot I discovered a new option in the world of backsplashs. We bought a stainless steel sample to sit on the counter for a few days to see how we like it. It may look like a high end old ceiling tile, but it is linoleum! You glue it up with liquid nails and trim it with plain ol' scissors. Genius!

I need to make sure it keeps with my rustic country kitchen. Let me know what you think...

1 comment:

Meg said...

I LOVE the new potential backsplash! Tre magnifique!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin