April 24, 2013

Glorious Day

The past few weeks we have had the best discussions with Abby about Jesus. 

Between Easter lessons and AWANA, Abby is learning some powerful verses about Jesus, His sacrifice, love for us, and our sins. Abby is really starting to process and ask us great questions. It makes my heart so happy to see her recognize Jesus for what he did and to store Him in her heart.

She has learned a verse a week since September and can easily recall about 10 of them. Her new favorite- "Go into all the world and preach the gospel". We end it with a loud Hallelujah and a quiet Amen. It is one of the funniest things to hear- she says Hallelujah with such fervor. 


We had another big breakthrough this week- for the first time ever, Abby noticed the music on my ringtone and asked to hear it. Glorious Day has been my ringtone for over a year. I love the words to it and love that she "got" them. We have played it more than once daily since then and tonight she told me the chorus. 


For other parents out there, don't think the little things you are doing aren't catching on. I have waited for so long for Abby to hear my song and learn it is about Jesus. I know that we will have more conversations in the car now because of it and future songs we play. I pray I have answers for the questions that will come because when I don't know the answer, Abby always says, "Let's ask Siri". Awkward :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin