September 06, 2009

Angelo State University Football Game

Marcus and I talke about Texas Tech a lot, but we also jump at the opprtunity to cheer on our undergraduate university- ASU. Saturday night they played Texas State, so we joined our friends Brad and Alison at the game.
My sister Tiffany lives 15 minutes from the stadium, so they watched Abby while we were at the game. Check her out on Uncle Shaun's bike. She doesn't look nearly as scared as Daddy would if he saw her on it :) Before the game, we met up at the ASU Alumni tailgate with the cheerleaders, Roscoe the Ram mascot and other alumni and ASU faculty members. Marcus and Brad smiled with the girls.

Alison and I took our picture with the wooden Ram at the tent with the food. The food provided came from the ASU Food and Meat Science Association. Knowing how weird I am about food, I just put it our of my mind and ate a sausage wrap. Thinking of college students making meat scared me. It was THE.BEST.SAUSAGE.EVER! Go Rams!

Alison and I started out watching the game. And then, they scored, and scored, and scored. So, we talked and talked and talked. Al and I went to college together, but really became friends after college through our Goddess Girl gatherings. Check out her blog on the blogroll to get to know her better. She is a funny Mom of three who is rejoining the work force this week. I can't wait to do lunch with her when she is in Austin.

After the game, I shopped for 5 minutes in Centerpoint Station while Marcus grabbed a coffee next door. I did find a cute bracelet for our trip to Merkel in 2 weeks. Finding a purple and yellow outfit for Homecoming is a challenge!
We picked Abby up and were home by 10:30. Abby went to bed easily at Tiff's house and didn't wake up until 7:45 Sunday morning- a record!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin