September 14, 2009

Baby Shower for Lori

Saturday afternoon I attended a baby shower for a cousin of mine that I have not seen in 10 plus years! Lori's Mom and my Mom are cousins and they live in San Antonio area. She is expecting a soon-to-be very spoiled little girl in November. It was wonderful to see her family and celebrate such an exciting time with her. In the cousins picture below is Lori's son Brandon (standing behind her). He is 13 and gave her an umbrella stroller with the funniest and most heartwarming card. It read: "I hope we can handle this baby together." How sweet is that! Gotta love a teenage boy who wants to help his mother.
During the baby shower, my sweet princess who is metling down in the picture above decided to crawl for real. She did it across the room in front of everyone while we were all sitting in a circle and Lori was opening presents. It was lovely to see and difficult to celebrate in the midst of someone else's moment. I captured video discreetly, but it is awful. I'll be certain to catch her doing it at home this week for everyone to see.


1 comment:

Tabriah said...

How fun is that! Yeah for crawling! Welcome to the start of independenc stage...and what a sweet boy! I bet all mothers of boys, wish their sons where so helpful and/or caring.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin