September 28, 2009

Her New Favorite

Abby has a new favorite food and I honestly can't feed it to her fast enough- she LOVES little mandarin oranges! We fed them to her one night when she was still hungry and I hadn't thawed any additional fruit. We had those little cartons that I take to work for snack. They are so easy since you can break them apart in your fingers while you feed them. Additionally, they are soft and easy for her to gum and swallow.

Tonight I was working on dip for a baby shower I am co-hosting tomorrow morning and sat the oranges on Abby's tray to feed herself. She can do puffs just fine, but has pretty much gotten frustrated and quit on all other finger foods. Knowing how much she loves mandarin oranges, I pushed the issue. And, she did it!
Look at the focus on her face and all that juice from the oranges on her tray!
Since they are so slippery, she learned to grasp them in her hand and then.... ... shovel them in her mouth!When she was sick last week, we were able to feed her oranges and bread over anything else. Yummy!

2 comments:

Grammy Carol said...

I love that she is learning and experiencing so many new things!

Being Billingsley said...

I love that she loves those delicious little oranges because no one in this house has the appropriate appreciation I have for them.

Abby and I will have to have a few Mandarin Orange Parties. We'll do nothing but eat foods laced with the delicious little packets of orange flavor!!!

Peace!

AB

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin