October 29, 2007

I am officially OLD!

I can not tell you how excited I am to be getting a new dryer. We got ours before we got married and lately it doesn't work well... clothes take 2+ hours to dry and some things are getting small holes and burn spots. After replacing the heating element, it is still no good and a new dryer has been purchased.

At 20 or even 25, the thought of buying a new dryer was horrible. What a waste of money. But, today at age 31 I am proud to own a new Whirlpool 6.5 cu. ft. capacity brand new dryer. I just know I'll enjoy doing laundry now! :)

The snazzy new dryer even has a door that opens down instead of out. It creates a small shelf for folded clothes and will not block the garage door as bad. It is the little things!

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Ah, yes. You have arrived! (Dishwashers and microwaves are just as exciting! Those have been our recent replacements.)

~kristi said...

Yes, my perfectly good dryer which is new is in storage and the piece of crap that is in our rental takes 3 tries to dry, but can't persuade my honey to put it on his dew list to swap out b/c it would take too long to empty garage to swap!! UGH, enjoy your new dryer!!!

Meet the Boyd's said...

My "you know your old" moment was when I got super excited over the installation of solar screens and a programmable thermostat. I actually opened my next energy bill with the glee and anticipation of Christmas morning expecting it to say “you owe zero”. It didn’t. Yet more proof I’m old.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin