October 27, 2007

I Love Michigan

I flew to Michigan on Wednesday for work. It was nice to pull out my winter coat and sweaters for the cool 50 desgree highs Michigan had planned.

This was my first trip ever to the great state of Michigan and I picked the perfect week as the trees were the most beautiful colors I have ever seen.


In preparation for the little free time I had, I researched the area and found that the small town of Frankenmeuth is home to the largest Christmas store in the world. Note to self: extra suitcase will be needed!

Here is the lifesize nativity scene on their property- a mere 5 acres of Christmas goodness!


And here is the inside- note the sign that reads Section 5. I found sections 1-10 and covered a small fraction of the store. They provide maps, have multiple concessions in case you get hungry and a viewing room/theater to learn how Bronner's came to be.

I wish it were December now! I ended up purchasing 4 wooden Santas, my 2007 Christmas snowglobe and a cool green cookie tray for Santa's Christmas eve snack.




Another cool thing I learned about Michigan.... they have Big Boy! Marcus and I laugh about Big Boy because that is Sheldon's favorite place to eat on The Big Bang Theory. I did not even know they existed.

Marcus' souvenier from Michigan- yep, a Big Boy bobble head!







Luckily, I had easy flights too and from on American. However, upon my return to Austin while awaiting my lugage, I saw this.

I love Halloween and am all for decorations, but really is Rest in Peace an appropriate decor for an AIRLINE office? No, I don't want to rest in peace. I want to FLY in peace. People!

1 comment:

Meet the Boyd's said...

Ohhhhh I could spend days in that store! Looks like I may need to head north for some shopping.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin