November 18, 2007

Christmas Tree Cakes Are Back!

When I did the Christmas trivia post a couple of days ago, I really should have thought a little more about what I consider to be the worst part about the holidays. Had I given it more thought, I would have remembered how much I hate the grocery store this time of year.

To avoid the madness, I set my alarm for 6:40 this morning to go grocery shopping before going back to Junior League to shop with my girlfriend Brandy.

The only good thing to come out of the holidays is Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. I live for these cakes. Two boxes per year. Just 10 little cakes.

Other than that, I have some questions for the grocery store managers and the people who shop there?

1. Where have you been all year? Why is there twice as many people in the grocery store in November and December? Didn't they eat all year round?

2. Why is pumpkin pie filling in the baking aisle for 10 months out of the year and then when I plan to buy it, you move it to another location in the store? All year long, while buying pudding I have seen it on Aisle #8B and now when I go to #8B it is not there. Why?

3. How do you run out of turkey or sweet potatoes? You know we are coming for them. Take a risk, I bet we will buy them!

4. I am going to gain 5 pounds in December. You don't help by creating limited edition flavors that I can only eat during December. i.e. Peppermint ice cream, Gingerbread creamer, Dark Chocolate Mocha Frappucinos. Come on people, I like peppermint just as much in the springtime.

Here's hoping my groceries last until January!

Anna

2 comments:

Meet the Boyd's said...

I just purchased Gingerbread creamer last night. Stinks its only around for a month. Maybe the world would be a happier place if they kept the holiday flavors out year round.

~kristi said...

just waiting for the bachelor blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin