November 15, 2007

Holiday Fun

My good buddy Stormi had the brilliant idea of posting this on her blog. I too received an email with the Christmas version of getting to know your friends. I hope this puts you in the holiday spirit!

o1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I really love Container Store wrapping paper and buy so many rolls that in order to use it up, I avoid bags. However, I also hate buying boxes, so I do gift bag the odd shaped items.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artifical- it is one place where I save money but not buying a new one each year. Plus, the real ones don't come pre-strung with those pesky lights!
3. When do you put up the tree(s)? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Marcus has rules about these things.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after Christmas. By that point I am normally ready for all the extra space back in my living room.
5. Do you like eggnog? No one should drink anything that thick. Gross!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember loving a Fossil watch as a senior- it was one of the first gifts my father picked out. I also recall a rainbow caterpillar with tennis shoes.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a little one in the dining room and a big one in the living room.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Marcus- he has everything he wants.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Kyleigh- little girls want it all!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail a whole heck of a lot of homemade Christmas cards each year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Charlotte Hornets sweatshirt- again, senior year from my Dad. Days before opening the gift I commented on how stupid their colors were (turquoise and purple!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't really watch movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When do I stop?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes and Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear only.
17. Favorite Christmas song? What is that Ella Fitzgerald song- Santa Baby?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel within Austin
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Doubtful
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a Santa on top
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? as early as Marcus will allow
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to schedule around divorced parents
23. Does Santa leave the gifts wrapped or unwrapped? Wrapped, for sure!
24. Do you leave goodies for Santa on Christmas Eve? Not yet. We will with kids for sure!

2 comments:

~kristi said...

Marilyn Monroe sings Santa baby

Meet the Boyd's said...

I knew you would answer the call!!! Hey I love me some little Debbie Christmas trees. Try putting them in the fridge so they are cold. Yum. Also the pussy cat dolls have a newish version of Santa Baby. So excited for Christmas season!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin