February 16, 2008

The Buck Stopped Here!

Is that a photo taken from the inside of an airplane? What? I didn't know Anna was traveling again? Isn't she listing her house next week and spending her weekend painting, cleaning and prepping her house?

Oh yes, when I woke up Friday morning I told Marcus that I could not wait for Saturday- sleep in, make pancakes and paint our master bedroom a more neutral color for our house to be listed next week. I had plans alright and those plans did not involve flying on an airplane!

Well a phone call from NPI (the Michigan-based half of my job) changed my plans. NPI had a conference starting in Orlando on Saturday morning and a series of bad events (death in the family, illness, prior plans and husband out of town) meant that none of my staff had boarded the plan to meet our 40 boxes and 30 people in Orlando. Less than 5 hours later, I was sitting inside a SWA airplane on my way to Orlando. BTW, love love love Southwest. I booked a flight, direct, on the same day, and it was only $600. It was more than $1200, not direct, with a sleepover in DFW on American and United.

I am at the Buena Vista Palace. What a cool hotel! It is very modern with cool chairs, comfy bedding and a great location.





This is the somewhat blurry view from my balcony. It is of Pleasure Island, an adult late-night Disney property. My father actually gave Marcus and I passes to PI during our honeymoon. It is dancing, comedy, great food and drink set around Lake Buena Vista.

So, you ask, if Anna is in Orlando, what is happening to her house? I'm sure Marcus will post his exciting house adventures later. This, my friends, is another lesson in control. The decorator in me is very uncomfortable that my house is being painted and prepped for sales pictures and I am 800 miles away. I trust Marcus and hope his feminie side can overrule the bachelor this time around. Let's hope his rug-fluffing and towel-straightening side emerges!

I'll be back Monday night!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin