July 21, 2008

Week 18: Bell Pepper


Thank you all for your kind words as I departed to Houston on my guilt trip. It was wonderful reading and then quoting your words as I thought about moving a box or picking up a sign case. I followed your advice as best I could. I'll admit I was sore on Thursday after moving so much on Wednesday, but I survived. I think that my KW training made this conference seem so much easier, even if I was pregnant!

I had a wakeup call about 5:00 each morning, but managed to make it downstairs on time each day. I also was nausea free for the most part. I think felt the baby move on Friday night in my focus group. I grabbed my phone and ran out into the hall to tell Marcus. I haven't felt it since that night, so I might have been wrong. We'll see!

from Baby Center:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

How Exciting!!!

Meet the Boyd's said...

Want to help at MEGA Camp? I think we have some holes still in the staffing plan. Oh....you can't lift boxes, run for quick spurts, or work without sleep...hmmmm maybe next year then.

Storm

Erica Wagner said...

Yea! I love that first baby flutter and not knowing if it was actually the baby, but then realizing a few weeks later, that is WAS the baby you felt!

I meant to comment on your guilt, but it escaped me... (oh the guilt!)

Take it easy. That's my advice. You are not only looking out for you, but for the little person swimming inside of you. Being pregnant is important. Take care of you and the bell pepper.

Caroline George said...

How exciting!!! I'm glad you took it easy ... sort of. Super glad you had no nausea! Huge blessing there!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin