June 13, 2009

2009 Powell Family Reunion

Abby Lu attended her first Powell Family Reunion. It is an annual event in my family. I would venture to guess I have attended 30 of these... in my 33 years.

It is a great time with food, family and an annual auction. This year, Abby won the prize for youngest attendee. We plan to buy her some new toys at Walmart. I have noticed she wants a toy in her hands or mouth at all times lately. I want to pick out some goodies to keep her brain stimulated.

She wore the cutest little dress that I sale stalked and bought 30% off for the occasion, but I didn't get a good picture of it. She'll wear it again soon!

She was an angel today after getting over her stomach bug. She kept her Pedialyte down all night and took 14 ounces of milk between 2 AM and 8 AM. We decided she was well enough to go and I am so glad we did.

She let others hold her without even noticing we were gone, smiled/cooed/looked directly at everyone and never let out a peep. She even slept for an hour in her cousin Susan's arms. I didn't hold her for hours! She slept and played in the 2 hour car ride each way and impressed all the shoppers in Fredericksburg with her smiles.

As expected everyone commented that she is a spitting image of me, which I agree. However, we hear both sides all the time. We'll see Marcus' extended family at a wedding in 2 weeks and I can't wait to hear them tell us how much she looks like Marcus.

She is currently asleep in her bed and went down without a sound. I know I am bragging on her and she'll have a "high maintenance" time eventually, but right now we are just so lucky she is so good!

2 comments:

Grammy (Carol) said...

I am so glad that she got well enough to go meet everyone!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yeah, I enjoyed every bit of it!!!

So, Marcus was bragging on what a great baby she is ... and on you, and what a great mother on you! He mentioned two books that helped you! Baby wise and something else about swaddling real tight and shhhhh them! I'm all about the books, so share please!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin