June 05, 2009

Her First PEO Meeting

I am a member of a women's organization called PEO. It is an international organization founded in the late 1800's by women attending college. Today, it provides scholarships to women around the world- women studying in America who plan to return home to better women in their country, women reentering the workforce after raising a family and women needing low-interest educational loans. PEO even runs a debt-free college in the Midwest.
I have been a PEO member since I was 23 and introduced to it by a professor at Texas Tech. It is a wonderful group of women and I am proud to have a daughter who I hope will become a second generation PEO.
Last night Abby attended her first PEO meeting. She was a ham for the ladies showing them her latest tricks with her tongue and bubbles. Great fun!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I love all her expressions! Will yall be attending the powell reunion again this year?!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin