June 12, 2009

Two Kinds of Up

Look at this big girl SITTING UP! After shopping in her car seat inside the cart Abby was ready to be free! I held her while I checked out, but wasn't quite sure how to hold her and push the cart. So, I gave the front area a try! I sat her down and buckled her in. I think she loved it. She was free and could see everything around her! The buckle helped keep her in place so I think it'll be a few more weeks or months before we use this method while shopping.
Tonight about 5:30, Abby Lu began THROWING UP. She did it 5 times in about 45 minutes, so we called the doctor's after hours line. What a scary and helpless feeling. She had no food left in her and began spitting out neon yellow. Anyone out there- what is that? Is it stomach bile or drainage/snot? She isn't running a fever and is currently sleeping sitting up and we are giving her Pedialyte. She doesn't appear to be dehydrated, so we are sticking it out at home.
I want her to be better because this is so hard to see. I also am sad we have a long weekend at home ahead of us. I was up at 2:45 this morning to catch a flight and Marcus still has a sinus infection and has been on night duty all week while I was away. We also were planning to drive to my family reunion this weekend. I don't want to drive 2 hours and discover she is sick and we have to drive back. I am totally bummed.

1 comment:

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I've been fortunate to not experience the throwing up (except when Billa eats way too much!) but Pedialyte and TLC is good stuff for it! Hope she feels better soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin