February 07, 2010

Two Girls and a Boy

Saturday morning I joined my friend Jenny, Natalie, and Melissa to pray over our sweet friend Jessica and her 2 month old preemie Gabrielle who finally came home! Months ago, we prayed over Gabrielle while Jessica was still pregnant and asked the Lord to keep her healthy so that she would come home to her loving parents one day. This week that day came and we gathered to thank God for loving us and trusting Mo and Jessica with one of His daughters. Not a dry eye in the house!Afterward, Abby and I met my sister and the kids at Barton Creek Mall for Valentines pictures, lunch and shopping. Pictures are hard with kids that age. Cohen was very unhappy to be in pink. He was certain everyone thought he was a girl. Abby wanted to be held the whole time. Needless to say, we didn't get very many pictures. I bought one of Abby sticking her tongue out. It is cute, but not what I was envisioning for her pictures.
Last night we went out to dinner. Abby had taken a late nap, so we thought we had enough time to eat out. She did great and ate so many different things- peas, carrots, broccoli, cheese quesadilla, guacamole, oranges and she tried chocolate! We had brought her milk and she drank it all, so we gave her chocolate milk to try. She didn't seem to notice a difference.
Marcus and I ordered a chocolate brownie dessert shot. It was about 4 bites which is perfect. I gave Abby a bite of the chocolate sauce. She never took her eyes off that spoon! In all, I gave her 5 or 6 bites of sauce and she loved it. We laughed when we got her home- she was like a drunk friend from college. She laughed at everything, was hyper, pooped on herself!, couldn't stop moving and passed out easier than normal. We were laughing! During the meal, we did have a hard time keeping Abby focused on her food. Look at her- she is staring down a little boy in the booth over! She blew kisses at the waitstaff all night long!

1 comment:

Tabriah said...

Oh HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about them and was going to email you. I am glad you read my mind! I am so happy to hear that sweet baby girl is out of the hospital! To a lifetime of snuggles, kisses, laughter and love!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin