March 29, 2010

Birthday Eve

We celebrated my 34th birthday today and Marcus did a wonderful job making it special!
He told me to sleep in this morning and he had a special breakfast for me. Look at these- he recreated the yummy spa breakfast we had in Hawaii in October 2008. He bought bagels and schmear from Einstein Brothers that morning, but had hidden in the kitchen the honey, granola, bananas and the macadamia nuts. They were so filling and a great replica.
After breakfast, we went to church where Marcus had everyone sing to me. Embarrassing, but very sweet. We had a nice afternoon at home including a wagon ride around the neighborhood. I then ran downtown to try out a new hairdresser since mine is on maternity leave. Veronica did a fantastic job!
Mom joined us at the house and Marcus and I snuck out shortly before Abby went to bed for birthday dinner at The Oasis. The last time I ate at The Oasis was about 10 years ago at our first dinner when we decided to move to Austin. Growing up here, it was a special place and I wanted him to love Austin. That place has grown so much. The weather and sunset was perfect!
I didn't open my birthday present- it is lost in the mail- ha! Just kidding, I know what it is and can't wait to get it tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a picture!

5 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Johnna said...

I love you friend I am So glad I have gotten to get to know you better! You are very special and I am glad you have such an awesome husband that makes you feel that way! Happy Birthday!

The Gumpls said...

happy Birthday! I hope that you had a great day today!!!!!!

MikeandCharlsie said...

Okay so we all want to know what the present was....do post pics soon :)

Holly Renee said...

great pic of you two! LOVE the yellow posy on your cardigan :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin