July 08, 2009

Adding Applesauce

Since we know Abby has no allergies to sweet potatoes, we added in applesauce this week. I read a great money saving tip, buy regular natural unsweetened applesauce. It is much cheaper than the baby applesauce that they try to sell you. This gigantic jar was under $2.00! The ingredients listed- apples, water. That is just what she needs!I think she likes it, but I don't think she quite understands what it is. She seems to think feeding time is not equal to bottle time. She takes it in and after a few minutes acts like she is bored and ready for a change in scenery and is ready for her bottle! We are working on it. Currently, daycare is feeding her at 10 AM each day and we feed her at 6 PM. We are trying to extend out the time between the morning feeding and her request for a bottle. She'll get there!
Check out our cool Boon spoon. It is awesome. The food goes inside the spoon- the clear part separates from the pink part. You then squeeze the pink part and the food squirts onto the spoon. It is less messy and travels well. She had applesauce in it last night at dinner with Marcus' boss and co-workers. We were invited, but taking a baby to a "business" dinner at a $15/ plate restaurant makes a Momma nervous. Luckily, she did just fine.


In case you are wondering, her bib reads "My Mom is hotter than your Mom". It was a gift from my office and makes me laugh out loud. I have never considered myself hot and am definetely not in any hot competitions. She also had "My Dad is cooler than your Dad." Marcus is pretty cool.


3 comments:

The Gumpls said...

she is too cute in all the pictures of her eating her food. I never seem to have the camera by me during feeding time! Good job eating Abby Lu!!!

The Gumpls said...

I can see her fuzzy hair growing in! How exciting!!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I love her facial expressions! I can't wait for this with my own!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin