July 12, 2009

Her First Real Trip to the Nursery at Church

Before church this morning Marcus and Abby played a little WOW on the computer. Just kidding! She does love to bang on the keyboard in Daddy's lap! Abby went to the nursery for the first time in early June when I was home sick. It was for a short time and Marcus was in the kids area juggling. Well this morning it was for real and she didn't last long AT ALL! We dropped her off early to be upstairs in our class to hear an important announcement- congrats Mo and Jessica!
So, one friend came up a few minutes later and commented she was in the buggy. That is often where the crying babies go. It typically makes them happy. Then, a few minutes later I was told she was being held in the hallway. I knew she wasn't doing well. I found her downstairs recovering from a meltdown.
I spent some time playing in the baby room with her and fed her than we took her upstairs for the end of the lesson. She was exhausted and slept the whole way home and has been taking a record nap today (still in her pod!).

Abby has no problems at daycare and hasn't since day one. Next time we drop her off, we will have Marcus do it without me. She did fine in the room last month when I wasn't there and each morning when he drops her off. I hope it will be a simple fix. I want her to love our church as much as we do.

One fun thing to note, the class had 9 babies in it and we are friends with the parents of 7 of those babies. I hope they all grow up together as great friends.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, she wants her mama!!! I am glad she is liking sleeping in the pod, that's a good sign for the upcoming trip! If they made them in adult sizes, I would have one for myself!

And, Congratulations to Jessica! I couldn't be happy about her news!

Tabriah

Johnna said...

has abby lu ever met anna? well then she would know she is not alone! they just love to hear rob's lesson.

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

We're going through the "nothing tops Mama" stage right now ourselves. I think you have a great strategy lined up. Billa went through this phase at about 8 months as well and I took full advantage of it. I finally got some sleep and my husband took over the night shift! He he... I suppose we should enjoy this attention now because when they're teens they'l want nothing to do with us. [sniff sniff] Oh man, and that pod is so cool! I think I'm going to get one for when we have our next kiddo!

The Gumpls said...

She will be okay in the nursery soon! It just takes consistency! I love her little head band! I am ganna make her a bow today!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin