September 02, 2011

South Austin Trip

My Dad and Jacque are back after 5 months up north and Abby and I spent most of Thursday with them. We left at nap time and thus no good pictures could be taken. Abby was being a stinker! But, she had fun with them running and playing and showing them all her tricks. They gave her some fruit snacks and a stuffed beaver from her trip which sealed the deal- she loves visiting them! I love that with both my parents retired and living less than 2 hours away, we can visit them most anytime.
Since we were in South Austin (45 minutes away), we went to four stores I love that we don't have any closer- Buy Buy Baby, Home Goods, Nordstroms, and Pottery Barn Kids. We didn't buy anything at Nordy's, but Abby did love trying on the bracelets.
We had a package waiting for us when we got home- Abby's new silver TOMS. They are so stinkin' cute and I love that they led to a conversation about some kids not having shoes and how Abby gave a pair to another kid. We are always looking to bring home the message of "God loves a cheerful giver."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin