February 09, 2009

My First Blue Jeans


I had a doctor's appointment today, so Abby Lu got all gussied up in BLUE JEANS! They are too cute on her, she looks like a little girl in them. Love it! Luckily, she didn't seem to mind her new style despite how comfortable her knit pants must be.


Our last trip out together was to the post office and the worker there asked if Abby was my first and when I told her yes, she told me "not to worry, you'll get it together." My first thought was what makes you think I don't have it together. Then, as I got back in the car and looked in the mirror, I realized what she meant. I was wearing a t-shirt and yoga pants with flip flops despite the chill in the air. I was in desperate need of a pedicure and I also had day 2 oily hair pulled back with a headband that clearly did not match my outfit. I had on no makeup and sunglasses. So, this morning before my appointment, Marcus worked from home and held sleeping beauty so that I could look like I had it together for the doctor. Thank you Sweetheart!

After the appointment, we grabbed my favorite Taco Bueno and spent a few hours visiting Kristi, Landry and Bella. Abby took a nice little nap in Kristi's arms and her stretching made Bella giggle. She can arch her back and stretch like no other. She pokes out her chin and turns bright red. Oh so cute!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Goodness! I can't believe the post office person said that to you, Anna! I think "having it together" with a baby of that age just means that you made it out of the house and you're not in what are obviously pajamas... Yikes! Believe me, you have all the slack in the world and lots of loving memories from every momma out there! Kudos on you to making it to the post office. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Whether you had it together or not ... she still shouldn't have said that! But then again, there are people out there that say EVERYTHING they think!!

I think you look great ...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin