February 26, 2009

Visit to Kerrville

On Tuesday, Abby and I drove with my Dad to visit some of our relatives in Kerrville. It was a nice car ride with Abby sleeping most of the way. Spending time in Kerrville was a staple in my house growing up. My Dad and Mom have family there. In total, I have 11 aunts and uncles and many more cousins most of which live in the Kerrville area.

We picked up my Aunt Ruth and drove to Ingram to visit my Aunt Nell and Uncle Tom. Ruth is one of my Dad's older sister and is my cousin Kristi's (whom I talk about often) grandmother.

Aunt Nell is one of my all-time favorite people. My love of baking comes from her. There is always a fresh plate of something sweet on her table. At our family reunion, her baggies of peanut brittle sell for more than anything else!

Uncle Tom is the recipient of all that baking and has the coolest man cave with a big screen TV, a large collection of historical guns and other weapons, and his own beverage fridge. He had the man cave before the man cave was cool!

Before we left Kerrville, we visited my Aunt Vicki whom I have not seen in years. We used to spend weekends at her house and always had a blast. It was nice to let her meet Miss Abby Lu. Besides changing a diaper, I don't think I held Abby 5 minutes while in Vicki's prescence! She is always a kid's favorite!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Sure wish I would have been there!! Just wait for an open weekend to see ya!!

What are ya doing the 21st of March!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin