January 24, 2008

Oh My God- I Killed Babe!


So, today was a first for me. NPI is 1/2 of my responsibility in my new job. They are a medical training company that focuses on more hands-on learning. For the emergency procedures course, the attendees do a series of procedures on dead baby pigs. Yep, real live pigs from a pig farm. They are killed, cleaned, stuffed with baby wipes (to keep things in place and smells low) and then frozen and shipped overnight to the program.

They arrived early this morning and I had to remove the baby wipes to prep the pigs for our attendees.

After getting Babe settled, I gave him a pat, said a little prayer for him and smiled for the camera.

I captured these because I know that if I didn't, no one would ever believe I touched the pigs. After the course, I had to pull the tubes and needles out of the pigs to store them overnight.

Another great adventure in Miami!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Holy cow! I had no idea prepping dead pigs was a part of your job description! Perhaps that's under the infamous "and other duties as assigned" clause... Congrats on making it through the adventure! :)

Meet the Boyd's said...

Yeah...i'd rather deal with PRONTO Ida T situations then frozen pigs. And people think event planning is easy. :)

~kristi said...

so, do you think you can tackle chicken off the bone now???

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin