January 22, 2008

Welcome to Miami!

So, I left Orlando at noon today and headed south on Florida's Turnpike. This is the route Mapquest recommended. As I entered the turnpike, the sign read, "Last Exit for 52 miles"! What! In 52 miles I might be thirsty, hungry, tired, have to pee, need gas, etc.

Luckily, I made it without any of these problems. However, not everyone was so lucky. I did see an older couple outside their car stretching and 2 young children being helped by their parents. They obviously had to go and let's just say it was much more complex for the little girl!



I arrived in Miami about 5:00 and was surprised to find that I had been upgraded to a Junior Suite with a great view of the bay. As a meeting planner, we often have to remember to upgrade our leadership. This is the first time I have been a department leader and they have upgraded me. It was an odd feeling!




Now, I just need a boy with me :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin