May 28, 2008

First OB Appointment

I met with my OB for the first time today (thank you Chandra!) and among the many great things they told me, she said caffeine is fine in 1-2 servings per day.

To celebrate, I got me a Sonic sweet tea. Yummy!

I also heard the baby's heartbeat which was loud and clear and shocked the nurse. I'm so proud of my little over achiever.

Thanks to Marcus' insurance, we learned that the whole pregnancy will likely be free, but cost no more than $640.

I clarified about the whole soft serve ice cream debate. I had read recently that it could contain listeria because of being served in less than sanitary metal vats inside places like Sonic, CFA, Jason's Deli, etc. She said not to worry. I want my skipped ice cream cone from lunch yesterday.

Finally, we learned that there are many different types of PN vitamins available and they gave me some free samples to try. I even got some gels like my friend Meg recommended. If I can find a PN that doesn't make me sick, I will practically be symptom free.

4 comments:

Caroline George said...

YAY!! What a good day! : ) Sweet tea, symptom free, and a good little heartbeat! Congratulations!

The Gumpls said...

I am so happy for ya'll! I am glad the baby has a very strong heartbeat. Could mean a very strong determined woman! Check out my blog. Thanks for the tip!

Meg said...

Woohoo!! So glad to hear all is going well and that you can hit the happy hour at Sonic now & then for a sweet tea pick-me-up! :)

Erica Wagner said...

That is great news!

I cannot take multi-vitamins (other than the chewable kind) even now. They make me nauseous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin