May 19, 2008

muddy weekend.......







So Sunday started EARLIER. I was enrolled with my long time buddy, Bill. We competed in what was my 4th, and his 3rd, muddybuddy race http://www.muddybuddy.com .

The day started at a brisk 4am. I got the bike, loaded THE NEW TRUCK, and loaded my food up for breakfast...you know, powerbars, bananas....peanuts. All the good stuff to put in a new truck. It seemed fitting since I was taking the shiny new thing out to a MUD PIT ON A DIRT ROAD. My truck buying timing....not so good.

I picked Bill up and we were there at 6am ...ish. His family showed up at 7am...and we were doing a lot of standing around, stretching, and wondering how cold the mud pit was. We were team Muddy Tahoka. Whats a Tahoka? http://www.tahokatx.com/. Longer story could follow.

So....BANG...race started....in case you don't know the muddybuddy set up...check out the link up there. We got done in the sub 50 time frame....49:38. We were in the top 3/4...for our division...you know....kinda old male team.

you know what happens when you leave Mud out in the sun for a while. yep. Head to toe. i was a crusty mudpie. Then I got to the showers, which consists of a bunch of hoses with sprayers. Looked like part prison yard, part sixth street.

Then, back to home....was glad to get the truck out of there with only a light coat of dust...

Pictures to follow! maybe some video of the mud pit....?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin