May 20, 2008

Graduation from TFC

Today we graduated from Texas Fertility Center to our regular OB/GYN's office just like any "normal" pregnant couple. It was sad to say goodbye to Dr. Vaughn, but wonderful to move into the next stage. We also got our due date- Christmas Eve. What a wonderful gift God has given us at my favorite time of year.

During our sonogram today we saw Twin A who is twice the size as the appointment two weeks ago. He/She even moved an arm to wave at us. Hello little one! It was wonderful to see the heartbeat so high and to see the colors to show bloodflow. Knowing their little limbs already move was super exciting. My little grape :) In the picture, the head is on the left and the little lines sticking out on the top of the body is an arm and a leg.

When Dr. Vaughn looked to measure Twin B we discovered that it no longer had a heartbeat. That confirms it was much weaker during our last appointment as opposed to being hard to find with the machine. The embryo will dissolve on it's own and no procedures will have to be done. This is commonly known as vanishing twin syndrome and does not affect me or the healthy baby.

It was a mix of emotions between us when we heard the news.

from Anna: I told God numerous times that I could not handle twins and although two was better than none, I really only wanted one baby. I was shocked when we first heard twins, but it wasn't unexpected, I know God has bigger plans for us that we could dream of alone. In the two weeks, I have tried to learn everything I could. I have read books, researched daycares for two, looked at bigger cars, picked out books on scheduling twins, found a local moms of multiples group, emailed with amazing Moms who successfully manage twins and more. God put so many resources before me that I once again learned He does not give us more than we can handle. If He puts you there, He'll help you there. I truly am relieved and okay with one baby. It sures does make $900 a month for daycare seem okay when you were looking at $1800. I am excited to move to my OB/GYN and really just focus on being an average pregnant woman with one baby. Thank you all for your love and prayers, we feel them, we cherish them and we appreciate them. Our little grape is strong and healthy!

from Marcus: We knew that two would be a challenge, but I couldn't help but feeling that this was such a defining moment in the rest of our lives. I saw a flash forward of the next several years...two kids learning to walk, two of them on the first day of school, two of them playing in the backyard, getting in trouble together...all of that. I realized that that was not to be...and just a soon realized that we were going to be able to focus all that energy, time, and money that we were going to give to two, on the one. You let me know what it felt like to have the chance to face something I never thought I could...and I was at peace with it. Now you show me oh Lord, that there is so much that I can face. Every step of this you have taken me from "Sure, let's have kids..." to "I want them..I will do anything for the chance." And I pride in my little grape....what emotions lie ahead?

3 comments:

Judy said...

I know you're both feeling mixed emotions, but I'm so happy that things are well with your little grape. Take care of that little thing!

Erica Wagner said...

All I can say is "Wow!" Even through all that you have been through - emotionally and physically, you both are the epitome of grace and are an inspiration to everyone. I'm sorry for your loss, but grateful to read that the other baby is doing well!

Congratulations on your graduation. Keep up the good work! :)

Caroline George said...

I know that you are so thankful that "Baby A" is doing great. What a roller coaster of emotions and we still continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. God always does what is best ... amazing how many times we learn that isn't it?
Congratulations on your graduation!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin