June 20, 2008

Another Reason to Love the Chick

I love Chick-fil-a! Who doesn't? They have the best sweet tea, awesome lemonade, healthy options and they are closed on Sundays to respect family and church time.

When the fruit cup came out, I loved them even more. Then, they added those sweet melt-in-your-mouth mints to their condiments. Until then, I only ate those mints at baby showers.

Today at lunch, I was given another reason to love them- their side salad. Being pregnant, I crave salads. I think it is part mental- I know I need to eat more vegetables and part heat related. The thought of warm french fries when it is 100 degrees outside makes me sick. I normally eat the chick with a fruit cup instead of fries, but since I already had fresh cantaloupe ready to go, I opted for the side salad. I have had a salad many places in the last 3 months and am always disappointed that the picture on the menu doesn't match the salad. Who gets the green lettuce at Wendy's? No matter what I order, I get the white part!

My salad today (for just 55 cents more than fries) was a perfect match to the picture! It had iceberg and Romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, broccoli, shredded carrots, cheese and tomatoes. Plus, it came with a little packet of croutons and sunflower kernels. For 55 cents more!

I highly recommend you go for the side salad next time the cows convince you to eat more chicken! Yummy!

1 comment:

Judy said...

You're not alone with the salad cravings. When I was pregnant with Joey, I was eating a salad at the office every morning between 9 and 10. In fact I think that's how Laura M. figured out I was pregnant before I told anyone.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin