June 06, 2008

Salmonella in Texas

So it is all over the news that tomatoes here in Central Texas could have salmonella poisoning and stores like HEB have removed them from the shelves.

Imagine my shock when at Taco Bueno the other night, my Nacho Salad came with fresh little chopped tomatoes on the top. Imagine my double shock when I forgot about all I had read until AFTER I ate the whole batch. Both Marcus and I ate our meal and then I recalled tomatoes are bad.

We discreetly used Marcus' handy picture phone to snap a photo of us at Taco Bueno with the little bit left of my tomato salad on the table. If I get salmonella poisoning, I'll be talking to the ol' Bueno!

5 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Tomatoes grown "on the vine" are okay because they are grown hydroponically, with water. Let's hope Bueno was using those kind of tomatoes! :)

Erica Wagner said...

Edited to add: that is "on the vine" that are bagged in the mesh bags...

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Oh we will pray you don't get sick ...

~kristi said...

i thought you did not eat tomatoes!

Meet the Boyd's said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I ate salsa today from Chili's. This is why i stay away from everything tomatoe related.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin