June 01, 2008

Goddess Girl Weekend

This weekend was Goddess Girl weekend when my 5 college girlfriends and I get together for time to catch up, shop, and eat! We all graduated from Angelo State University and started getting together post-graduation in 1998. As tradition would have it, the pregnant Goddess gets to host. We started this when Billye was pregnant and we came to Midland to decorate her house for Christmas. It also works well when travel is limited.

Pictured left to right back to front is: Chandra, Billye, Alison, me, Danni and Katy. We spent most of Saturday at the RR outlet mall looking for the latest (okay, cheapest) fashion trends.

Chandra lives in Dripping Springs and we have been friends since elementary school. She is a wonderful teacher, supportive coach's wife, wise advice-giver and mother to 2 little girls.

Billye lives in Midland and was one of my roommates in college. She is an elementary school principal and mother to 2 little girls. I spent a weekend with her many years ago and attended church with her. Her SS class was so caring and loving with each other that I came home and told Marcus we had to find a church like that. I am grateful to Billye for encouraging me to find Great Hills.

Alison lives in San Antonio and looks fabulous for having 3 children under the age of 5! Her newest daughter is just 4 months old. Alison is super supportive of my new role as a pregnant woman and always always speaks of her role as a mother was a positive take. She inspires me to be the best Mom I can be!

Danni is our fun single Goddess who will go from basketball coach to counselor this year. We learn about the single life through her experiences. She is the "Samantha" of our group with a little more restraint! I love hearing about her life!

Finally, Katy, also a former roomie, is the main reason we get together. She is our glue and makes sure we all keep up with each other and don't let too much time pass between visits. She is a top saleswoman in her industry and a Mom to a little boy filled with personality!

Saturday night we sat at Cinemark and awaited the Sex and the City movie to begin. It was a fun weekend and a great movie!

These girls and I have been friends for 14 years. We have experienced marriages, babies, deaths and careers together. I am so proud to be a part of this group- we are strong educated women, loving spouses and mothers, caring members of our communities and churches and loyal to each other. We travel great distances and give up time with others to keep our friendship a priority in our life.

I look forward to the next weekend together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin