August 28, 2008

Book Review

A few weeks ago my friend Alison recommended that I read "Quiet Strength" by Tony Dungy. I purchased the book at the airport in Denver on my way home and finished it last night. I have now passed it on to Marcus to read.

It is a wonderful book that weaves football, family, leadership and faith all together. You can relive some football moments (like the 2007 Super Bowl) and hear the words Tony prayed before, during and after the game. He also does a wonderful job of quoting scripture and giving it real world application.

Many of the lessons he taught I know I can use as a manager in my job. He talks about showing respect, giving your employees value, allowing family life to a part of not seperate from your office environment, and how to lead by example.

I am not a Colts fan, but I am now a Tony Dungy fan. I recommend this book as a great read for anyone or especially as a gift for your Dad or husband for Christmas. I think everyone can learn from Tony.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Told you rooting for Peyton, Dungy and the Colts was a GOOD THING! :-)

Holly Renee said...

YES, this is an amazing book! I heard from a friend and picked it up myself...the title says it all for Mr. Tony Dungy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin