August 03, 2008

Fun with Butter


I am spending my 10 work days in Denver at the JW Marriott in the Cherry Creek area. This is one of the nicest areas in Denver- for Austinites, I am staying at a hotel connected to a very large Domain-like shopping center. I am working long days and doing dinner in my room more than at the mall.

I have spent many a nights in hotels and worked with many different staff members that service my meetings. Our banquet captain Bianca is by far the best staff member I have ever encountered.



Bianca recognizes that my staff member and I are "trapped" in the hotel and room service can get old quickly. She has had the kitchen staff make us whatever we want for lunch each day. We had yummy grilled cheese sandwiches and salad and chicken stir fry yesterday complete with rice and an egg roll. Plus, this is a courtesy of the hotel and she will not bill me for it. How amazing is that! So much for keeping my weight gain low!

In addition, the entire staff is friendly, attentive and predicts our needs before we have predicted them. Five star service for sure!

With our lunch each day, we have been given rolls and butter. Look at the amount of butter! Goodness, two rolls do not need two pounds of butter, but just in case, I am prepared!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin