September 30, 2008

Battle Royale- Jenks' Style

Last night was a late night in the Jenk's house. Monday Night football was a big deal because Marcus and I were playing each other in our fantasy football league.

Going into the night there was less than a point difference between us and we both had players on the field. I had threatened all day to fly up to Pittsburgh to take care of business, aka make sure his running back "broke a leg"!

It turns out that although my trip was cancelled, someone else got to him and Marcus' running back only played the first half before a shoulder injury. Now, he is out for the rest of the season- brutal!

The night ended with OT well after 11:00 our time and Marcus won. It was my first loss of the season and I wish it had come to anyone but him! With 4 weeks under us, I am 3-1 and in first place. Marcus is also 3-1 and in 4th place. The places are determined by points when records are tied.

Next week, football starts at 7 AM when I am watching it in my hotel room in Kauai. Marcus has an early morning bicycle ride planned, so I'll be cheering on my team, while eating breakfast! Crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that 3-1 is nothing to complain about...especially coming from someone that is officially 0-4!! :-(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin