September 03, 2008

Cravings

I haven't really had any food wants that I would consider a craving. Sure, I prefer a salad or fruit to french fries, but that is based on being healthy and wanting something cold to beat the heat. However, I can officially say that I have now had my first craving and I owe it all to a cute little girl named Abbie.

While having lunch with my friend Andrea and her daughter last week, Abbie asked if I could go get a sno cone with them in RR. I don't think she really wanted to spend more time with me as much as she wanted a sno cone. I declined and headed back to work, but thought about that sno cone for a couple of days.

Monday night I called the sno cone place in RR to find that it had closed early for Labor Day. I googled sno cone and my city and my zip code and couldn't find anything. I guess the corner stands don't have a website!

Tuesday at lunch I found a stand near my office, but they were not open. It is lunch time and 100 degrees outside- is that not enough? I told Marcus about my dilemma and he told me there was a place at Braker and Jollyville that he had driven past that day which was open. Being the wonderful husband he is, he turned around and got me a large Tiger's Blood sno cone in the middle of the day. It was divine. I plan to have a bright red tongue everyday!

5 comments:

~kristi said...

I craved Grape slushes from Sonic with LE, Bella I could not stand the thought of them!

Erica Wagner said...

I love sno-cones, but refuse to eat there in this area! They just aren't as good as the "New Orleans" style sno-cones we could get back home. Don't try convincing me either... they are just not the same!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Yum, Tiger BLood is the best kind!! Man, I wish my husband could go me one right now!!

Yes, It is truly amazing how well we fit together! We are seeing it more and more these days! I love it! Thanks for the commpliment ... it made me smile!! :)

The Gumpls said...

We will have to get you up here to try the sno cone stand in RR!!! They are a bite of heaven! Could you come up on your lunch break?

Holly Renee said...

OH my friend, you've GOT to make a trip to the sno-cone stand in RR. They are divine....sent STRAIGHT from heaven! Blame it on the pregnancy now but after she's blessed us it will simply become an addiction! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin