September 20, 2008

Abby Lu's Room.... major steps!

Abby Lu and I are the luckiest girls in the world. Not only did Marcus pick me up at the airport this afternoon (I've been in San Diego all week), but he greeted me with sweet tea and flowers. Before going home, since we were in South Austin, he let us stop and visit USA Baby. I wanted clothing size dividers and we somehow found a few more items- a swaddle blanket that makes her a lady bug, colored letters to spell her name and Metallica songs redone as lullabies. Then, after stopping for a snow cone, we went home.

When we arrived, Marcus told me he had a surprise for me and made me enter the front door. Look at what I found! We had discussed him painting the room while I was away, but he went much further than that! Marcus picked up our new chair and put it together! It is soft like a teddy bear and the prettiest shade of butter yellow. It reclines, swivels, and rocks.




Plus, he assembled our crib, dresser and changing table. The room looks like a baby room and not the storage space it was becoming. I am so very blessed to have an active, interested, and excited husband and father-to-be. We couldn't ask for more!

Our next step is to decide where furniture should be and then schedule Cheri for the painting of the clouds and flowers. Later next month, my Mom and I are making the curtains and adding some fun pom pom trim to the bed skirt and lamp shade. Plus, I want to paint the knobs on the dresser and hang the bookcase (sitting to the left of the window in the above picture). I have waited so long to design her nursery and I love seeing it come together! I hope she loves it too!

8 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

All very beautiful! I can't wait to see it all come together!

I love the bookcase. I've always wanted one exactly like that for my girls, but could never find one to buy (in person, only online!)

~kristi said...

Metallica...really? lullabies? Cute room, cannot wait to see it altogether.

Anonymous said...

The room is so cute and I have to agree with the Metallica lullabies. We got a few of those for Connor and I have to say it is much easier to tolerate playing over and over when it is songs you can sing along to. We have Green Day, Metallica, U2 and Bob Dylan. I think they are the Rock a Bye Baby series and there are a lot of artists to choose from. It is a little weird hearing Metallica as a lullaby, but it works everytime.

Holly Renee said...

that Marcus.....he's something special :-) looks VERY cute, friend!

Caroline George said...

Everything thing looks fabulous! Can't wait until she is laying in her little crib!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!! Can't wait to see it in person - what a wonderful surprise!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Oh Anna, sooo beautiful!! I can not wait to see the finished product ... with Abby Lu in it!! Oh she will definitely love it!!

Meg said...

You & Miss Abby Lu are such lucky ladies! What a fabulous daddy she has. :) Thanks so much for sharing her room progress with us!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin