September 29, 2008

Week 28: Cole Slaw Anyone?

Today, Abby Lu is 28 weeks old and we are in our 3rd trimester. I hear the third is more like the first than the second. I understand this means my body will go through major adjustments leading to tiredness, nausea, and other lovely side effects. I'll take it knowing how close we are getting.

Our dear sweet daughter is a gymnast and you can watch her kicks from the outside of my belly. She flips, kicks and punches on a regular basis. I can have the laptop on me and when she kicks, it moves. Strong little cabbage!

We made great progress this week on the maternity leave and child care front. I have answers from my employer on my leave- all of which are favorable. We chose an interim child care provider since we are on the wait list at our preferred school. The new provider will be when she is 3-6 months old and is less than 2 miles from both Marcus and my jobs. It will make the transition much easier and allow me to feed during lunch if I desire. We also began looking at our health insurance, life insurance and pre-tax child care options. So much to consider with a little one. Only 12 weeks to go- my oh my!


from Baby Center:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

3 comments:

Caroline George said...

YAY!!! Third trimeter!
PS - Got my shirt at Motherhood on the sale rack : ) love that!

~kristi said...

The 3rd trimester is exciting b/c it is the end, but it is harder. At least it will be cooler now, that was so much easier when the temps drop.

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

yep, it's hardest trimester thanks to all those changes and the impatience! But God is about to give you the best gift you'll ever receive and it is sooooo worth the wait! You're in the home stretch... get some rest if you can and spend lots of quality time with Marcus. And get all of your holiday stuff done now... when you have about a month to go, you won't want to move much less think about it :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin