January 29, 2009

Abby Lu's One Month Check Up


This morning we got up and out in the COLD for Abby's one month check up. Our pediatrician does an extra appointment at the one month mark to avoid us going 6 weeks (from 2 weeks to 2 months) without an appointment. I appreciated it as it gave us a chance to discuss our new feeding plan and confirm it is working and her weight gain is normal. We also wanted to know if the screening tests we had done at her last appointment had come back and confirm all was normal.


We are beginning to settle into our new feeding routine. Abby feeds every 2 hours during the day. She takes about 4 ounces at each feeding. I am nursing the majority of the time- only adding 2 ounces of formula if she is still hungry after nursing for 30 minutes or if I was able to pump some extra to allow Marcus to feed her.

We are letting her sleep at night as long as she wants and are finding (after 3 nights) that she wants to sleep. We do our last feeding around 10 PM and she can go until 5:30 ish. Unfortunately, I can not go that long so I will wake her or get up and pump around 2:30ish. I hope this pattern continues as it works for us and proved fruitful on the scale!

Weight- 9 lbs. 3 ounces (50th percentile)
This is one pound more than her birth weight and up 9 ounces from our appointment last week. I was hoping to see 9 pounds as it would have been "normal" healthy gain. Both Marcus and I can really see the extra weight on her- she seems a little chunkier around the middle and in her face.

Height- 22 inches (75-90th percentile)
Yea- she is getting bigger and longer! She is up 1.25 inches from her birth. That is a lot of length to add in just one month. Wow!

Head Circumference- 38.5 cm (75-90th percentile)
Her brain is growing also! Yea Abby! She is up 2 cm from her last appointment.


Speaking of her head, I was able to capture a picture of her hair color under the bright lights of the doctor's office. Who knows if it will last, but it is the most wonderful shade of strawberry blond. I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna - You are so cute! I hope her strawberry blond color stays as well! FYI...Connor was 9'3" when he was born! :-)

Being Billingsley said...

She's one cute little girl! So glad you've hit your stride with feeding. Hope to see you guys soon!

Andrea

Melissa said...

Yea! I'm glad that you have found a feeding pattern that works for you. Double yea on the sleeping pattern!! I'm so glad everything is going well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin