January 03, 2009

Mom's First Trip Out

I left the house this morning with Mom for a quick outing. I had 2 hours maximum until feeding time was due up again. I am learning how much can be accomplished in 2 hour spurts!

Feeding for the past few days, I have realized I need more table top space in arms' reach of the big yellow nursing chair. I need to access burp cloths, a book to read, a radio, my bottled water, etc. So, we ran into IKEA for 2 cheap little tables. Check out these cute red ones! They will make great nightstands when she has a toddler bed.



With the new red tables, I needed to get rid of the one green one I had bought that Target no longer carries in the store. So, while at IKEA I bought 2 stools for $7.99 each and made her a little play area in the corner. I can envision future tea parties at this fun little table. Until then, her little friends and cousins can play.

In my two hours, I also managed to run into Harry and David at the outlet mall for more yummy pears and into Walgreens for our photo order and a couple of toiletries.

If you read closely, you'll realize that Marcus was alone with Abby Lu for these two hours. He did wonderfully and did not call me or panic at all. She also saved her first "explosion" for the time alone with him. Good work little one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin