March 26, 2009

Abby's First Day of School

Abby Lu started school today. We both went and set up her crib, cubby, and space in the kitchen. And then we cried.

I held her for a few minutes and then let her new teacher Miss Lauren hold her for a while before we left. She did just fine- was smiling, looking all around, and checking out her new best friends. The school even emailed me a first day pic this morning to show me how much fun she was having. This pic was taken before we left the house. She was sweet and cute all morning!

Today and tomorrow I work a few hours in the office so we can both get used to the new schedule and then I am full time on Monday. I am so grateful to have been given almost 15 weeks off of work. I know this is good for her and best for our family; however, I also know how much I want to love on her all day long. I am confident it will get easier and there will be a day when I look forward to dropping her off. It just isn't today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you are doing a gradual transition. It will be hard, but I think you are doing the right thing. Abby is so fortunate to have 2 such loving parents! Love you.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad it went well! I was thinking about you guys today. I know it will get easier, and I know that Abby's teachers are understanding if you want to call and check in on her 10, 20, 30 times a day!!

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

you will still have days where you miss her terribly! putting sybilla in "school" was the best decision for us as it gives her a chance to make friends and for us to know she's someplace safe and loved all day when we're away. it does get eaiser, i promise!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin