March 31, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

March 2008 was a really big month for us! On this day last year, I had my ICSI procedure done and learned that all of our hard work had led to six successful embryos! Now, one year later, I have one beautiful healthy baby girl.

Last week, while standing in Nordstrom's, I heard my phone ring. The caller ID showed our infertility doctor was calling and my heart stopped. Why would he be calling me now? And, if he had questions, how do I talk about sperm in the shoe department of Nordstroms?

They had called to discuss the embryo we have "on ice" and discuss our options and plans for the embryo. Marcus and I made the decision to donate it to research because there are some possible future complications with it. I had really thought about holding onto it and we had decided to pay the storage fee for one year until we felt convicted. Knowing there are possible problems felt like an answered prayer to push us in one direction. Thank you God for Baby Abby Lu and for giving us resolve to a pending issue.

1 comment:

The Gumpls said...

I can not believe it's been one year ago since your lives changed forever! Abby Lulu is so beautiful and she is a blessing to many!!! I pray the stars line up for her and little Michael! hehehe!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin