March 13, 2009

day with Daddy....

So today Anna has her program.  I am taking off work so I can do the day with Abby.  

The day went fine enough..but a couple of points I have learned...

*When the diaper says "hold 10-12 pounds" they arent kidding.  Those things can't hold more than that.
*Do not eat Buffalo wings and then let the kid suck on your finger before you wash it.
*As a dad with a daughter, plan your potty stops.  Yours.  That means planning coffee consumption.
* When babies are hungry, they are hungry NOW.  Not when you get the chance.  Pulling over to the parking lot is a concerned option.
*People look at a man with a crying baby like they see a person with a bike with a flat tire: "That poor schmuck has no clue or ability to help himself does he?"
* To make Abby happy, all you have do is undress her...taking her pants off made her laugh.  We will be correcting this response in the next few years.
*If I can invent baby socks that can stay on, I will be a billionaire.
*Abby can occupy herself on her activity mat for me to get 7 bullets done on a blog.  Make that 8.

She is going to get fed up any seco....

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I will gladly pay you a billion dollars for socks that stay on! I'm tired of walking up and down every aisle of JoAnn's, HEB, Target, etc. looking for the socks that have come off!!

~kristi said...

oh the joys, TRUMPETTE socks are the best for outtings. Glad you are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Contrary to the high school experiment:Babies are not like a bag of flour!

Marlena said...

real cute MJ. I liked your 8 bullets!! I'm sorry I'm missing it all! Glad you keep this updated!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin