April 19, 2009

The Great Swimsuit Struggle of 2009

Let me preface this by saying this little cupcake is totally worth it!
I can't find a swimsuit to save my life! We have a great neighborhood pool that I really want to visit with Abby Lu this summer. She loves bath time so I think she'll love the pool. I haven't bought a swimsuit in 4 or more years not counting the maternity suits for Hawaii. I have ordered two suits from Old Navy and returned them both. The first one was too small- obviously I have grown a little post Abby. The second one fit but wanted to make sure the neighborhood saw all of my "girls". I can only imagine what would show while holding Abby!
Then I ordered one from Target. It came this weekend and I like the top. It didn't come with a bottom! Seriously- the picture showed a bottom and it was called a tankini which as far as I know includes a bottom. I am so annoyed. I will now return that top to Target as I refuse to pay more for shipping the bottoms! Hopefully my local Target store has something that I like.

3 comments:

Being Billingsley said...

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake I made that first year my daughter went to the pool. I wore a suit from 1997...actually a suit I bought to go on a trip with James shortly after we were engaged. Not pretty. Lots of body pouring out of it. Bite the bullet and buy something you really like.

Peace!

Andrea

~kristi said...

proof the paragraph about your girls showing, i think you want to say you do not want your girls to show

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

Argh!!! I hated that part about the postpartum phase. I couldn't find anything to save my life either. Just keep at it and DON'T do it with Abby...I tried to take Sybilla at one point and it was a nightmare. I had to keep leaving the dressing room and come back and wait for the family size room to open up each time which made for a frazzled and frumpy mommy :o( But you will find something, I promise!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin