April 19, 2009

Jason and Laurel's Wedding

There is something about attending a wedding with a dressed up little baby girl that makes me smile! This weekend we attended the wedding of my co-worker Laurel at her family's ranch in Bandera. It was a beautiful and silly ceremony with the best catered food I've ever had! Beautiful.... handmade lace linens from her grandmother, antique mismatched tea cups for coffee, outdoor ceremony along a creek under the oak trees, blackberry cobbler with Blue Bell. Silly... the wedding party exited to Mony Mony and danced down the aisle, a funny choreographed dance with her Dad to "It Takes Two" by DJ Easy Rock and Rob Bass.
Abby and I talked before the wedding about how to act like a lady during the ceremony. I'm guessing she did not hear me. She fussed, then took her bottle and luckily, did not burp loudly. I was fearful of a "make Daddy proud" burp during the prayer.
The wedding was at 6:30 and we enjoyed the ceremony, dinner and a few drinks before putting Abby in her pajamas, telling the bride congratulations and heading back to the hotel. Everyone was in bed by 10:00. Success!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin