April 08, 2009

Music playlist...

So I am working on a CD for someone..and as I am scrolling through my songs.....I found some songs that I 'locked' away....songs I never wanted to hear because I just didn't like the way they made me feel.   Guys are great at hiding their feelings, and hiding these songs was a great way to do it.  But the events of the past year have let me "unlock" these songs....

Tough Little Boys - Gary Allen
"tough little boys grow up to be Dads, and turn into big babies again"  - The song is the story of a man becoming a dad to a daughter, and how tough he is...until he is with that little girl...

Beyond Measure - Jeremy Camp
"I feel the breeze of my new born daughter's breathe.." The realization of God's love comes after this experience.....

Heaven - Live

To some what of the same point, through the song, he takes all those really really good arguments against God, and Heaven, and has but one retort....his little baby daughter....and that becomes all he needs against the logic.

There goes my life - Kenny Chesney
This was the hardest one of all....the song starts with a resentment to having a child...something that during our struggle made me upset...the guy takes the whole song to see the gift he has.  But I see now the beauty of the song....the point is not about the resentment, or the progress, but the truth that a parent's goal is to give their kids more than they ever had..."She headed off to the west coast..."

thats it.  4 songs.  Come on.....thats a lot for a guy to fess up....

Marcus

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin