December 06, 2009

Abby's One Year Pictures

Having a Christmas birthday allowed me to do some Christmas photos and 1st birthday photos in one setting! We took them this afternoon to be able to give some as gifts and have them at her party. Luckily without an afternoon nap, we were able to get our favorite expressive, funny, goofy girl to the photo studio. Here are some of the pictures we bought.... others are gifts, so I can't share :)
The big Santa is my awesome husband! We bought him a Santa suit 1/2 price last year with this photo session in mind. Abby wasn't scared and had great fun playing with his beard. We also took pictures in her party dress and then had a cake session. Late last night I looked for a simple cheap cake at HEB and the sweet lady there took a custom order for me. I was certain it was too late. I picked up the cake this morning and with a prayer that Abby would play along packed her bag and headed to Picture People. I don't know why I doubted her!
She immediately crawled across the floor and put her hand in the cake. We sat her next to it and let her go to town. I think she entered cake heaven and forgot we were even there. She licked her hands, smeared it on her face with a giggle and wiped pink and blue icing all over her pants.
I love the colors! They would smear together to make purple! She loved the feeling of the icing and had no hesitation in eating it up!

When her hands were full, she let her feet have some fun! I am so glad I did this one barefoot. I had planned on her having on her new pink Converse shoes.

We even got pictures of her lying on her back licking icing off her feet. Seriously, she has to be the coolest kid! I love her sense of adventure, the stinker in her, and the fun she brings out in me.

3 comments:

Holly Renee said...

the COOLEST parents ALWAYS have the COOLEST kids! absolutely LOVE the pix!

Erica Wagner said...

Such great pictures! Love the cake idea! I would have never thought of that!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

these are absolutely adorable!!! i love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin